Open access business model |
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
LUMEN journals are Open Access journals and use an Open access business model that is based on the principle whereby the journal’s publication expenses (including the free availability of the content for the readers, either individual or institutional) are covered by the authors through open access fees.
LUMEN charges the following fees:
Open Access Fees
Article: 350 euro (the open access fee includes the APA style formatting for the references system)
Book review: 265 euro
- iThenticate Similarity Check fee: 10 euro (applied for the 2nd check of the same article)
- possible fees for technical conformity, copyediting - 10 euro/hour on task. It does not influence the acceptance for publication
- proceedings paper open access fee:
- resulting from institutional agreement with specific institutional partners in co-organizing scientific events/ becoming partners in publication for the events partners management
- the fee is established in accordance with the partner and the authors who benefit from the reduced fee based on the institutional agreement are informed by the event organizer or by LUMEN - as partner in publication.
Subscription for printed edition of the journal for both individual and juridical person (education and research centers, institutions)
#1 subscription – 4 regular issues = 1200 euro/year
#2 subscription - 4 regular issues + supplementary issues = 1600 euro/year
Publication fee waivers
If an author genuinely can't afford the fees to get his/her article published open access, then individual waiver requests are considered by LUMEN on a case-by-case basis and may be granted in cases of genuine need.
LUMEN may offer waivers for open access fees for papers whose corresponding authors are based in low-income countries.
LUMEN may offer waivers to papers whose corresponding authors are based in countries classified by the World Bank as low-income economies as of July 2021.
Please request your waiver or discount at the point of submission. Each submission open access fee waving will be discussed case by case. The waiving decision will be based on the affiliation country of the most of the authors. Consult below the list of the countries of affiliation of the authors that may benefit from open access waiving:
Low-income countries |
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Syrian Arab Republic
Lower-middle-income countries with GDP below $200 billion (USD)|
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe
West Bank and Gaza