About the Journal
Focus and Scope |
The Journal aims to promote academic excellence in humanities. The journal addresses the academic community across the world, expressing its openness especially for promoting young researchers.
Research, theoretical, and literature reviews article are expected.
The journal has a disciplinary orientation being privileged positions from areas of:
- cultural studies,
- religious studies,
- art & architecture,
- philosophy of language,
- semiotics and sociology of culture,
- ethics etc.
The vision of our Journal is a global one, addressing the academic community, publishing articles resulting from theoretical or empirical research. Articles resulted from theoretical and empirical research are subject to a peer review process.
p-ISSN: 2284-5976 | e-ISSN: 2501-0409 | DOI: 10.18662/lumenphs | Frequency | 2 issues/year*
Possible supplementary issue upon request.
* starting with 2017;
The archives of the issues between 2015- 2016 are available at http://lumenpublishing.com/journals/LUMEN_PHS_2015_June2016_Archives.html
Covered in | ERIH PLUS, CEEOL, CrossRef, CrossCheck, J-Gate, Google Scholar, Ideas RePeC, Econpapers, Socionet, KVK, WorldCat, ICI Journals Master List - Index Copernicus.
Procedure for attracting manuscript proposals |
All articles proposed for publication starting with 2017 are mandatory to be uploaded only through the Open Journals System (OJS) platform of the journal, from the account of the corresponding author. Only in case of technical failure of the platform, submissions can be made by email to the official address of the journal. The journal releases call for papers before each regular issue, as well as when preparing to publish special thematic issues. Authors may submit articles as a result of these call for papers, as well as independently, outside of call periods. The journal is a publishing partner for conferences organized by LUMEN Conference Center or for conferences organized by other institutions, in which case it may publish special issues dedicated to those conferences or articles in the regular issues of the journal. In the case of special issues of conferences, a guest editor is appointed, who assists the editorial staff in selecting articles for publication. All articles accepted for publication are first subject to a double blind peer review process.
Self Archiving Open Access Policies (FAQ) |
- Do you allow your authors to archive their submitted article in an open access repository? That is, do you consider publishing material where a pre-print or working paper has been previously mounted online?
Our journal allows authors to self-archive their articles in an open access repository. We do consider publishing material where a pre-print or working paper has been previously mounted online. We do not consider this an exception to our policy regarding the originality of the paper (not to be published elsewhere), since the open access repository doesn't have a publisher character, but an archiving system for the benefit of the public.
- Do you allow your authors to archive their accepted article in an open access repository? That is, with changes and modifications due to peer-review comments integrated into the text?
Our policy regarding the accepted articles requires authors not to mention, in the archived articles in an open access repository, their acceptance for publication in our journals until the article is final and no modifications can be made. Authors are not allowed to submit the paper to another publisher while is still being evaluated for our journals or is in the process of revision after the peer review decision.
- Do you allow your authors to archive the final published article, often a pdf file, in an open access repository?
We do allow our authors to archive the final published article, often a pdf file, in an open access repository, after authors inform the editorial office.
- Do you offer a Creative Commons License for archived material? If so, which license? Would this apply to every version?
Our journals have a non-commercial attribution and no-derivatives Creative Commons License.
- Do you have any other requirements for archiving in an open access repository? For example, a bibliographic citation or reference of copyright ownership?
The final version of the article contains information about copyright and how to cite the article. Only this final version of the article is uploaded online, on the journal's official website, and only this version should be used for self-archiving and should replace the previous versions uploaded by authors in the open access repository.
- What is the name of your publishing organisation?
The publisher of our journals is Editura LUMEN (LUMEN Publishing House)
- If the author is subject to a pre-existing mandate from their institution, funder or government to make their article openly accessible, do you grant the author an automatic exemption from any restrictions in your own policies which would otherwise prohibit their publication with you?
The only condition for an accepted paper to be in open access is the author/s (or its funding body) to pay the open access fee. There are no other requests for the author's article to be open access.
- Does a single policy apply to authors of all of your journal titles? If not, could you tell us what variations apply?
Our policy applies to all our authors of all of our journal titles.
Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty: Philosophy and Humanistic Sciences is an international scientific peer reviewed journal, whose language of publication is English. Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty journals were first published in 2012, as a result of first edition of LUMEN Scientific Conference Logos, Universality, Mentality, Education, Novelty.
The archives of the issues before December 2016 are available at http://lumenjournals.com/philosophy-and-humanistic-sciences/