On the occasion of World Book Day, LUMEN Scientific Publishing House invites you to submit scientific, poetry or fiction books for publication, resulting from individual or collective research or composition activity.
The selection will take place in one of the following sections:
- Law Books – in the fields of general criminal law, special criminal law, criminal enforcement law, criminology, forensics, forensic medicine, legal sociology, civil law, family law, commercial law, labor law, human rights and biolaw, civil procedural law, European law, public international law, private international law, criminal procedural law, international trade law, administrative law, financial-fiscal law, constitutional law – LUMEN Scientific Publishing House was accredited by CNCSIS in 2019 in the field of legal sciences.
- Social Development – in the fields of social work, sociology, social psychology, developmental psychology, social intervention, applied ethics, gender studies, communication sciences, European studies, political sciences, public administration.
- History and Cultural Studies – in the fields of cultural studies, universal, modern and contemporary history, historiography, art history, history of ideas, social, political and military history, collective memory, anthropology, cultural studies, British, American, Jewish, Islamic studies, museology, museography and science of collections, bibliology, ethnology, cultural heritage, visual arts, arts of performing.
- Philosophy – in the fields of classical philosophy, postmodern philosophy, transhumanism, myths, symbolic rituals and religious studies, philosophy of religion.
- Multidimensional Education – in the fields of education sciences, psychology, pedagogy, methodologies, continuing education, special psychopedagogy, physical education and sports, alternative education, volumes for teaching purposes.
- Doctoral Theses – in any of the selection fields presented in points 1-5 above (social-humanistic sciences and philosophy).
- Book of Poetry and Fiction – volumes of poetry, short prose, essays, novels, children’s books.
There will be a separate evaluation and selection activity for each of the sections presented above and, depending on the number and quality of papers received, at least one volume from each section will be selected for free publication, with full funding from LUMEN Scientific Publishing House , AFCN (National Cultural Fund Administration) or ANCS (National Authority for Scientific Research).
Conditions for participating:
Deadline for submission of proposals: 15th of May, 2020
The evaluation of the volumes will be done in the order of their receipt. The evaluation criteria are the ones suggested by the National Education Ministry for the financing of technical-scientific literature, namely:
- relevance and quality of the work
- the prestige of the group of authors, based on their CV,
- contribution to the development of the technical-scientific field, originality, novelty of the approached topics,
- the impact of publishing the volume in the scientific or cultural sphere.
Books in English or French languages will take priority in the selection.
As an additional opportunity to promote and distribute the selected volumes, through the LUMEN Goes Global with Ingram Program, based on the partnership concluded by LUMEN Scientific Publishing House with Ingram Content Group, through the Ingram database and the Global Connect Program. The books included in the program will be presented to the world’s top 27,000 virtual libraries and bookstores, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Baker & Taylor, Blackwell Library, Book Depository, Coutts ProQuest, DLS Australia Pty etc., for information, purchase and distribution throughout the world. Ingram Content Group is the largest book distributor globally, making it possible to distribute Lumen books in the United States, Australia, Asia and throughout Europe.
Operating costs, including fees charged by Ingram for including your book in catalogues to distributors and maintaining volumes in the distribution catalogues for 3 years, are of 100 euros, a fee which will be applicable even for volumes that will be accepted for free publication. Authors wishing to enter the LUMEN Goes Global with Ingram Program will need to specifically mention this when submitting a publication proposal. The decision of the authors not to opt for this program does not exclude the volume from the contest, or from publication, promotion and distribution in Romania.
We invite all authors who wish to participate in this selection to submit to the email address email@example.com, the following:
- an excerpt from the volume proposed for evaluation, accompanied by a summary (presentation of the structure of the work proposed for funding);
- an application form filled in by the author / coordinator of the volume.
with the mention “For the Contest World Book Day with LUMEN Scientific Publishing House – Free publication or co-financing for scientific, poetry and fiction books”.
For additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org